So today, as I was checking my email and replying to the one email that I had received I was thinking about one of my all-time favorite movies (mentioned in Post #9: Random Stuff about Me)
In it the two main characters, Joe Fox and Kathleen Kelly- played beautifully by Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan) met in an online chat room and are email pals who have never even met. Then they meet. But since they only know each other as NY152 (Joe Fox) and ShopGirl (Kathleen Kelly) and they are business rivals, they become enemies. But NY152 and ShopGirl are keeping their online romance alive still. And then they decide to meet. But there are complications that I cannot tell you, as I don't want to ruin it for you if you haven't seen it yet! And then the real life versions of NY152 and ShopGirl (Joe and Kathleen, if you didn't understand that they are the same person. :P ) become friends for a reason I don't want to spoil for you! And that is all I can tell you. But in addition to being just an awesome movie You've Got Mail has some of the best movie quotes ever. (In my opinion) Such as:
- "That caviar is a GARNISH!"
- "What is it with men and the Godfather?"
- The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the hell they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall. Decaf. Cappuccino.
- Matthew is my father's son, Annabelle is my grandfather's daughter. We are... an American family
- What will NY152 say today, I wonder. I turn on my computer. I wait impatiently as it connects. I go online, and my breath catches in my chest until I hear three little words: You've got mail. I hear nothing. Not even a sound on the streets of New York, just the beating of my own heart. I have mail. From you.
Please subscribe, have a great holiday and I'll talk to you next week.
xoxo,
Ainsley
P.S. If you want to go to my blog via URL (I don't know...maybe you prefer to read on a website such aas Feedly or something though.) Just type in www.ainsleyaustin.blogspot.com. Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment